MapBasic is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Pro. Use MapBasic to extend geographic functionality, automate repetitive operations, or integrate MapInfo Pro with other applications – quickly and easily.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the applications built in MapBasic v12.0 require MapInfo Pro v12.0 or higher to run the program. Older versions of MapInfo Pro will not be able to run applications built with MapBasic v12.0.
Tested and Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server 64-bit
- Create temporary directory on your hard drive for the download, such as C:\TEMP\MIMB
- Click on the MapBasic v12.0 download link which will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\MIMB).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\MIMB)
- Double-click on the file called MapBasic_120.zip.
- Extract the files to the temporary directory created in step 1.
- Open the temporary directory and double-click on the file called setup.exe.
- This program will start the install wizard that will lead you through the rest of the installation process.
Technical Support: MapInfo Pro v12.0 customers that have active MATS service or have an existing support contract can call technical support on MapBasic related questions.
Training: Precisely offers courses on MapBasic. Please contact your representative to learn about the authorized MapInfo training center near you.