MapBasic is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Pro. Use MapBasic to extend geographic functionality, automate repetitive operations, or integrate MapInfo Pro with other applications – quickly and easily.
Whats new in this version of MapBasic:
MapInfo Pro now supports writing add-ins in Python language. This allows developers to take advantage of the Python language and its existing libraries/modules when writing MapInfo Pro add-ins. Python, with its feature rich set of libraries, is a very popular platform for Data Analysis and Visualization. We have provided Python developers and data analysts an easier way to work with MapInfo data by providing access to MapInfo Pro table data. While you can make use of any of the libraries and functionality available to Python, the ability to perform data analysis on MapInfo Pro table attribute data using the rich set of available data analysis tools (for example, pandas, SciPy, matplotlib, etc.) adds more capabilities and functionalities to existing ones.
IMPORTANT: Applications built with MapBasic v17.0.3 require MapInfo Pro v17.0.3 or higher to run. Older versions of MapInfo Pro cannot run applications built with MapBasic v17.0.3
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 7.5
- Windows 2016 Server 2016
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\MapBasic.
- Click on the MapBasic1703_setup.zip download link below:
- Using Chrome select the downloaded zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Using Internet Explorer select Save As and save to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP|MapBasic).
- Using FireFox selecting Save will save it to your Downloads folder C:\Users\\Downloads. You will need to navigate there and then right click on the MapBasic1703_setup.zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- After the extract completes, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start the Install Wizard, which will lead you through the rest of the installation process.
Technical Support: MapInfo Pro customers that have active MATS service or have an existing support contract can call technical support on MapBasic related questions.
Training: Precisely offers courses on MapBasic. Please contact your representative to learn about the authorized MapInfo training center near you.
*NOTE: Release Notes coming soon and include further details on using Python.