MapBasic is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Pro. Use MapBasic to extend geographic functionality, automate repetitive operations, or integrate MapInfo Pro with other applications – quickly and easily.
Note: this is the first Multi-language installer for MapBasic that has been localized for Japanese and Russian users.
MapBasic now includes new additional features:
- Support for creating Add-ins via Python
- Extensibility Framework based on a .NET API for creating applications to use the new Ribbon interface and all its new controls and customization properties, a Docking Manager, multiple new Event Handlers, and more.
- A .NET Table Object Model for .NET AddIn Developers to take advantage of a new Catalog of open tables that is kept up to date as tables are opened and closed. You can list the tables, open and close tables and get all the properties of a table.
- MapInfo Data Access Library provides a set of classes and interfaces that allows .NET developers to create MapInfo Pro Addins that can easily Create, Search, and Update MapInfo Tables and other supported database formats such as Oracle, SQL Server, GeoPackage. The Library is based on a subset of the MapInfo MapXtreme SDK product, mainly the Data Access functionality.
IMPORTANT: Applications built with MapBasic v2019 require MapInfo Pro v2019 to run. Older versions of MapInfo Pro cannot run applications built with MapBasic v2019
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2016 Server 2016
- Windows 2019 Server 2019
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\MapBasic.
- Click on the MapBasic2019_setup.zip download link below:
- Using Chrome select the downloaded zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Using Internet Explorer select Save As and save to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP|MapBasic).
- Using FireFox selecting Save will save it to your Downloads folder C:\Users\Downloads. You will need to navigate there and then right click on the MapBasic2019_setup.zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- After the extract completes, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start the Install Wizard, which will lead you through the rest of the installation process.
Technical Support: MapInfo Pro customers that have active MATS service or have an existing support contract can call technical support on MapBasic related questions.
Training: Precisely offers courses on MapBasic. Please contact your representative to learn about the authorized MapInfo training center near you.