MapBasic is a complete, BASIC-like programming language used to create custom applications for use with MapInfo Pro. Use MapBasic to extend geographic functionality, automate repetitive operations, or integrate MapInfo Pro with other applications – quickly and easily.
Note: this installer is only for the English version of MapBasic. Localized versions for Japanese and Russian will be available later.
MapBasic now includes new additional features:
- Full MapBasic support for MapInfo Ribbon interface. Until now, you have had to use .NET or an additional MapBasic module to easily add controls and modify the ribbon interface. Now, we have MapBasic statements that support all the capabilities of the ribbon.
- Extensive list of new MapBasic statements and functions to support new MapInfo 2021 functionality.
IMPORTANT: Applications built with MapBasic v2021 require MapInfo Pro v2021 to run. Older versions of MapInfo Pro cannot run applications built with MapBasic v2021
NOTE: This download includes an installer that allows you to install English, Japanese or Russian version of MapInfo Pro.
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 11 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2016 Server
- Windows 2019 Server
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\MapBasic.
- Click on the MapBasic_2021_build205.zip download link below:
- Using Chrome select the downloaded zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Using Internet Explorer, select Save As and save to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Using Firefox, selecting Save will save it to your Downloads folder C:\Users\Downloads. You will need to navigate there and then right click on the MapBasic_2021_build205.zip file and extract to the directory created in step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- After the extract completes, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\MapBasic).
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start the Install Wizard, which will lead you through the rest of the installation process.
Technical Support: MapInfo Pro customers that have active MATS service or have an existing support contract can call technical support on MapBasic related questions.
Training: Precisely offers courses on MapBasic. Please contact your representative to learn about the authorized MapInfo training center near you.