The MapInfo License Server must be installed on your network and be accessible to all MapInfo Pro users. The License Server should be installed by the person who will manage and maintain it, so please give this CD to that person. MapInfo recommends that the server be installed and the correct machine name and port be given to all MapInfo Pro users in your organization before they install as they will be prompted for them at install time.
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP Professional SP 3
- Windows XP (64-bit)
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP 1
Download Instructions – License Server Installer:
- Create temporary directories on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\LSU
- Click on the LicenseServerUtility.exe download link that will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU)
- Double-click on the file called LicenseServerUtility.exe
- This program will start the Installshield Wizard that will lead you through the rest of the patch installation process.