The MapInfo License Server must be installed on your network and be accessible to all MapInfo Pro users. The License Server should be installed by the person who will manage and maintain it, so please give this CD to that person. MapInfo recommends that the server be installed and the correct machine name and port be given to all MapInfo Pro users in your organization before they install as they will be prompted for them at install time.
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit with XenServer 6.0
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit
Note: We now also support running the License Server Utility on the above Operating Systems in the following virtualized environments:
- VMware Workstation 7.0
- VMware ESX 4.0 and 4.1
Download Instructions – License Server Installer:
- Create temporary directories on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\LSU
- Click on the lsu35-setup.zip download link that will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\LSU)
- Double-click on the file called LSU35_setup.zip, this will extract the program
- Double-click on the file MILS_Setup.exe to start the installer Wizard that will lead you through the rest of the installation process.