You must install MapInfo License Server on your network, and it must be accessible to all MapInfo Pro users. Ensure that the person who will manage and maintain the MapInfo License Server receives the installation file (LSU46_setup.zip), so that they can install it. After installing License Server, give all MapInfo Pro users the machine name and port number of the MapInfo License Server, because the MapInfo Pro installer asks for this information.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit with XenApp 7.5
We support running the License Server Utility on the above Operating Systems in the following virtualized environments:
- VMware Workstation 8.0
- VMware ESX 4.1, and ESXi 4.1 and 5.0
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\TEMP\LSU.
- Click on the LSU46_setup.zip download link below to open the File Download dialog.
- Click Save and then navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\LSU).
- After the download completes, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (C:\TEMP\LSU).
- Double-click the LSU46_setup.zip file to extract the program.
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start the Install Wizard, which will lead you through the rest of the installation process.