The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release only updates the English version of MapInfo Pro v15.0 and v15.0.1. Please note that this patch is only for the 32-bit release of MapInfo Pro v15.0 and v15.0.1.
The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release does not update:
- Any pre-releases of MapInfo Pro v15.0.
- Any non-English version of MapInfo Pro v15.0.
- MapInfo Pro MapBasic or Runtime v15.0.
- Windows 7 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 64-bit SP1
- Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP1
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Server R2 64-bit with XenApp 7.5
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Ensure that MapInfo Pro v15.0 is already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1502patch.
- Click on the the MapInfoPro15.0.2MaintenanceRelease-MSP file to download the zipped installer.
- Extract MapInfoPro15.0.2MaintenanceRelease.msp to the temporary directory created in step 1. (such as C:\temp\MIPro1502patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
Install this Maintenance Release with elevated privileges. To do this, right-click on the Command-Line Interpreter (cmd.exe) and select Run as administrator from the popup menu, then continue with the following instructions.
Upgrading MapInfo Pro Software. To run the Maintenance Release installer MSP file:
type: msiexec /p
/p = applies the latest patch.
A prompt for permission to continue may display. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, then the upgrade is unsuccessful). You can upgrade silently by adding a silent parameter switch to the command, such as /qb, /qn, /qr, or /q.
msiexec /p MapInfoPro15.0.2MaintenanceRelease.msp REINSTALL=ALL
/qb = to see a basic progress dialog box during the installation