The MapInfo Pro v17.0.5 update includes important corrections to MapInfo Pro v17.0.4. We recommend that all MapInfo Pro v17.0.X users update their version of MapInfo Pro.
Prior to installing the patch:
- Install MapInfo Pro v17.0.4, if not already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1705patch.
- Click on the MapInfo Pro 17.0.5 Maintenance Release.zip file to download the zipped installer.
- Extract MapInfo Pro 17.0.5 Maintenance Release.exe to the temporary directory created in step 1 (such as C:\temp\MIPro1705patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
Right-click the MapInfo_Pro_17.0.5_Maintenance_Release.exe file and select Run as administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. If a prompt for permission to continue displays, click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.