This is an incremental patch that will update MapInfo Pro 10.5 or MapInfo Pro 10.5.1 to MapInfo Pro 10.5.2 Build 202. This patch can be applied to the release versions of MapInfo Pro 10.5 or 10.5.1 MapInfo RunTime 10.5 or 10.5.1. This patch is not valid for any pre-releases of MapInfo Pro v10.5, MapBasic, or ProViewer. There are no user interface changes, and it can be safely applied to any localized releases of MapInfo Pro v10.5.
Version: MapInfo Pro 10.5 or 10.5.1
- Windows® 7 Ultimate
- Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-bit (with 32-bit compatibility mode)
- Windows® Vista Ultimate SP2
- Windows® XP Professional SP3
- Windows® 2008 Server
- Windows® 2008 Server with Citrix® XenApp 5.5 (this is the new name for Citrix® Presentation Server)
- Windows® 2008 Server R2 64-bit with Citrix® XenApp 6.0
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Install MapInfo Pro 10.5, if not already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro105patch
- Click on the mapinfo-professional-10.5.2-maintenance-release.exe or mapinfo-professional-10.5.2-maintenance-release.zip download link – this will cause the File Download dialog box to appear
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\MIPro1052patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\MIPro1052patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
- If you downloaded the ZIP file, extract it before continuing to the next step.
Windows 2008, XPDouble-click the mapinfo-professional-10.5.2-maintenance-release.exe file to start the installation process.
Vista, Windows 7Right-click the mapinfo-professional-10.5.2-maintenance-release.exe file and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. A prompt for permission to continue displays. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
- This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.
For Network Administators
Please contact Technical Support to obtain the MapInfo Pro v10.5.2 Maintenance release English MSP Install.