The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release only updates the English version of MapInfo Pro v11.5.0, or v11.5.0 that was upgraded to either v11.5.1, v11.5.2 or v11.5.3.
The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release does not update:
- Any pre-releases of MapInfo Pro v11.5.x
- Any localized version of MapInfo Pro v11.5.x
- MapInfo Professional v11.5.2 if it was a full release (new installation) and not an upgrade from v11.5.0
If you have a new MapInfo Pro v11.5.2 installation (not an upgrade), then use the MapInfoProfessional11.5.4MaintenanceRelease.exe file to upgrade this installation.
- MapInfo Pro Runtime v11.5.x
- MapBasic v11.5.x
- ProViewer v11.5.x
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with 32-bit compatibility mode
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2
- Windows 2008 Server 32-bit SP2 with XenServer
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
Prior to Installing the Patch
- Ensure that MapInfo Pro v11.5.0, or v11.5.0 that was upgraded to either v11.5.1, v11.5.2 or v11.5.3, is already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1154patch.
- From the web page Click on the MapInfoProfessional11.5.4MaintenanceRelease.msp – this will cause the File Download dialog box to appear.
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\ MIPro1154patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (i.e. c:\temp\MIPro1154patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
On Windows 7, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2, install this Maintenance Release with elevated privileges. To do this, right-click on the Command-Line Interpreter (cmd.exe) and select Run as administrator from the popup menu, then continue with the following instructions.
Upgrading MapInfo Professional Software.To run the Maintenance Release installer MSP file, type:
msiexec /p MapInfoProfessional11.5.4MaintenanceRelease.msp
/p = applies the latest patch.
On Windows 7, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2, a prompt for permission to continue may display. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, then the upgrade is unsuccessful). You can upgrade silently by adding a silent parameter switch to the command, such as /qb, /qn, /qr, or /q.
msiexec /p MapInfoProfessional11.5.4MaintenanceRelease.msp REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus /qb
/qb = to see a basic progress dialog box during the installation