The MapInfo Pro v12.0.1 update includes important corrections to the MapInfo Professional v12.0 for users on WIndow 8. We recommend customers running WIndow 8 as their operating system update their version of MapInfo Professional. This patch is not valid for any pre-releases of MapInfo Pro, Runtime, MapBasic, or ProViewer. There are no user interface changes to any localized releases of MapInfo Pro v12.0.Prior to Installing the Patch:
- Install MapInfo Pro v12.0, if not already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1201patch.
- Click on the MapInfoProfessional12.0,1MaintenanceRelease.exe download link – this will cause the File Download dialog box to open.
- Choose the “Save” button and navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (such as C:\temp\MIPro1201patch).
- Once the download completes, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory created in Step 1 (such as C:\temp\MIPro1201patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
Double-click the MapInfoProfessional12.0.1 MaintenanceRelease.exe file to start the installation process.
Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, 2012
Right-click the MapInfoProfessional12.0.1MaintenanceRelease.exe file and select Run as administrator from the popup menu to install using elevated privileges. If a prompt for permission to continue displays, click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
This program starts the install wizard that leads you through the rest of the patch installation process. It is important to wait until the installation completes.
For Network Administrators
Please click here if you wish to obtain the MapInfo Pro v12.0.1Maintenance release English MSP Install.