The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release only updates the English versions of MapInfo Pro v12.5.1, v12.5.3 and v12.5.4. The MSP file for the MapInfo Pro Maintenance Release does not update:
- pre-releases of MapInfo Pro v12.5.x
- localized versions of MapInfo Pro v12.5.x
- MapBasic v12.5.x
- ProViewer v12.5.x
Prior to installing the patch:
- Ensure that MapInfo Pro v12.5.1, v12.5.3, or 12.5.4 is already installed.
- Quit MapInfo Pro if it is running (and MapBasic if you have it installed) prior to launching the patch installer.
We recommend that you print this page for easy reference during the installation process.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1 with XenApp 6.0
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server 64-bit SP1
- Windows 2012 Server 64-bit with XenApp 7.5
- Create a temporary directory on your hard drive, such as C:\temp\MIPro1255patch.
- Click on the MapInfoPro12.5.5MaintenanceRelease-MSP file to download the zipped installer.
- Extract MapInfoPro12.5.5MaintenanceRelease.exe to the temporary directory created in step 1.(such as C:\temp\MIPro1255patch).
Refer to the Maintenance Release Notes for detailed instructions and additional notes.
On Windows 7, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2, install this Maintenance Release with elevated privileges. To do this, right-click on the Command-Line Interpreter (cmd.exe) and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu, then continue with the following instructions.
Upgrading MapInfo Pro Software. To run the Maintenance Release installer MSP file, type: msiexec /p MapInfoPro12.5.5MaintenanceRelease.msp
REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus /qb
/p = applies the latest patch.
On Windows 7, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2, a prompt for permission to continue may display. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, then the upgrade is unsuccessful). You can upgrade silently by adding a silent parameter switch to the command, such as /qb, /qn, /qr, or /q.
msiexec /p MapInfoPro12.5.5MaintenanceRelease.msp REINSTALL=ALL
/qb = to see a basic progress dialog box during the installation